How do I install EX6100 as an access point and extender with Netgear genie setup?
Netgear genie is a tremendous desktop app that runs on both Windows as well as Mac. The app can be configured to handle Netgear home routers, endowing you with a straightforward dashboard to monitor, manage, and repair home networks. With the help of Netgear genie setup, you can install EX6100 as an access point (improving the WiFi signal or adding 11ac WiFi access to an 11b/g/n router/gateway) and extender (expanding the WiFi coverage to a larger area).
Don’t know how to install the EX6100 as an access point and extender? Well, we’ve got your back! Here, we’ll make you aware of the know-how to get the job done. Read on.
EX6100 initial installation as an access point
1. First of all, set the EX6100’s switch to access point.
2. Connect an Ethernet cable from your router/getaway to the EX6100 Ethernet port.
3. Plug the device into your electrical outlet near your router/getaway.
4. Wait for the power light to turn into solid green.
5. Next, on your wireless PC, smartphone or tablet, see the available wireless networks and connect to the EX6100 signal.
6. As soon as you connect to the network, the light of the Extender client link will turn on.
7. Launch a web browser and navigate to www.mywifiext.net.
8. The device will automatically identify the Internet connection and apply settings.
9. Once it successfully detects the Internet connection, choose whether the wired connection is public or private. Afterward, click on the Continue button.
10. Enter the security settings for the extender and click on Continue.
11. Now, Genie will apply the settings.
12. Connect to the extender wireless network and click on the Continue button.
13. Finally, click on the Finish button.
EX6100 initial installation as an extender
1. Set the EX6100’s switch to extender.
2. Plug in the device to an electrical outlet midway between your computer and wireless router.
3. Wait for a few seconds and let the power light turn into solid green.
4. On your wireless PC, smartphone or tablet, you can view the available wireless networks and connect to the EX6100 signal.
5. After connecting to the network, you’ll notice that the light of the extender client Link will turn on.
6. Launch an Internet browser of your choice and go to www.mywifiext.net link.
7. Choose SSID and click on Continue button.
8. Enter network passphrase and click on Continue button.
9. Next, choose SSID and click on Continue.
10. Enter network key and click on Continue to proceed further.
Note: You can also click on Skip button if you don’t wish to connect the device to 5GHz or if you don’t have an existing 5GHz network.
11. Select public network or private network as per your preferences and click Continue.