Update the latest firmware on AC1750 WiFi mesh extender timely and boost your internet coverage with your existing home WiFi to create a secure and powerful Mesh WiFi for superior, uninterrupted, and unbeatable wireless speed and coverage.
EX6250 (AC1750) Netgear extender setup process can be done easily with any up-to-date WiFi router.
To Update the Latest Firmware on AC1750 WiFi Mesh Extender:
- From your up-to-date and load-free computer or a laptop, launch a relevant web browser. is connected to your extender’s network.
- Log in to your range extender.
- Click on the ‘menu’ icon.
- Select ‘Settings’ and then ‘Firmware Update’.
- Click on ‘Check Online’ when the ‘Firmware Update’ page displays.
If the new firmware update is available, then update the extender’s firmware with the latest version of technology by simply following the on-screen instructions.
Steps to Log in to Netgear AC1750 WiFi Mesh Extender
- Turn your PC or a laptop.
- Connect it with your range extender.
- Launch a web browser.
- Type mywifiext.net into its URL bar.
- Hit Enter.
If you are facing mywifiext.net login issues, then type the default IP address of your range extender i.e. 192.168.1.250 into the address bar instead of mywifiext.net.
Mywifiext login page will now display
- Enter your default or personalized login credentials.
- Click on Log In.
After that, the status page displays.
Here, on this page, you have to click on the ‘menu’ icon and then on the extender menu page, you have to select the ‘Settings’ option in order to view and adjust your Netgear EX6250 (AC1750) extender’s settings.
If you forget your username and password, the opt to reset your Netgear WiFi range extender.
A factory reset process will delete all the personalized and default settings including your email ID, username, password, security settings, and network name (SSID).
A factory reset is very important when you fail to recover your range extender’s admin name and password.
There are two ways to reset your device:
Reset using the Reset button:
- Make sure that your range extender is turned on properly.
- Ensure that it is disconnected from the other devices as well.
- Now, locate the reset hole or reset button on your range extender.
- Use a thin paper clip or pin or any similar object to press and hold the reset hole on your range extender for a few seconds.
And that’s it. Your range extender has been reset successfully.
Reset using the web-user interface:
- Log in to your range extender.
- Click on the ‘menu’ icon’.
- Select Settings.
- Click on Other.
- Tap on Reset.
Finally, confirm your decision on the confirmation screen.
Your range extender is successfully reset.
Troubleshooting assistance for mywifiext.net not working or cannot open mywifiext.net
- Bring your Netgear EX6250 (AC1750) range extender into the same room as the main wireless router.
- Plug them both into a damaged-free power source.
- Make sure to place your router openly into an airy room and higher shelf.
- Ensure that the LED lights on both the devices are stable.
- Type www.mywifiext.net into the address bar field of a web browser to get mywifiext.net setup success.
- Try using a different web browser.
- Clear cache and browsing history from your device (computer/ laptop).
- Connect your desktop or laptop to the extender through an Ethernet cable.
- Assign your desktop/ laptop a static IP address.
- Prior to you change any network settings, please note down your current Router (Mac) or Default gateway (Windows) address.
- Use the subnet mask 255.255.255.0 and the IP address 192.168.1.249.
If you still cannot access your range extender, or want more information about setting up static IP addresses, then ask our technicians for Netgear extender support by dialing a toll-free number 1-888-927-4505.