Netgear WN3000RPv1 Extender Setup
Netgear range extenders help you in keeping your wired or wireless devices up to date. You can also keep them connected all the time with each other. Netgear range extender expands the range of your regular router and allows you to access the Internet in every corner of house, even in backyard. If you are living in the locality with poor signals mentioned as “Dead Zone”, you just need to switch to WiFi range extender and let you and your family experience the high connectivity of Internet and its range supplied in every corner.
Now, we come to Netgear WN3000RPv1 Setup (which is also famous by the name of universal WiFi range extender)
WN3000RPv1 range extenders boost up the speed of your existing WiFi network, when connected to your router.
What you can do is:
- Place extender in the same room as that of router and wait for at least one minute for the device to turn on.
- With the help of a paper clip, go to the router’s factory reset hole, push it for approx 10 seconds for the power light to blink, and release it.
Note: When the router gets started, the light would be solid green not blinking.
If the above-given process doesn’t work, unplug the router and plug it again. Push the factory reset if required.
- Grab a laptop or desktop and Ethernet cable in order to connect it with your Netgear WiFi Extender.
- Pull up the web browser on to it that will take you to www.mywifiext.net link by default.
- After logging in successfully, go to Setup > Wireless Settings and its smart wizard will search for the available networks within range.
- What you have to do is choose the network that you want to proceed with followed by the security you put for your wireless network and hit Continue.
If the login method of the website doesn’t work, try the WPS method:
- After placing the extender and router in the same room, push the WPS button of both devices at the same time.
- You will be able to see blinking lights both on router and extender.
- The above process will take approx one minute. You will see three solid green lights on your range extender.
- Now, pull up any web browser to see whether your extender is configured properly or not.
Error message while logging in to the website is quite normal, it is just due to some technical issues faced by everyone.
What you can do is check the URL again and then log in. If you still failed doing this step, log in through the IP address of the range extender or router.
Extenders and routers both have different IP addresses. Your router page displays the list of connected devices and there you can see the IP address of your range extender or go through the manual page of each other.
Still have questions about configuration, setup, and login process?
Contact us on our toll-free number 1-888-927-4505.