Netgear ex3800 Extender Setup
Netgear WiFi range extenders help in boosting up the speed of existing WiFi signals receiving from main router. It creates a stronger signal where router slows down to provide the speed you need.
Be familiar with the installation process of your ex3800:
Before starting the installation process, familiarize yourself with the extender’s parts (LEDs, buttons, and port).
Side Panels of the extender include:
- WPS button
- Power On/Off button
- Factory reset button
- Ethernet port
- The Power connector
Now, we come to the LEDs that indicate the connection between the devices, router, extender, and the access point.
- Solid Green: Best connection (The extender is powered on).
- Solid Amber: Good connection (The extender is boosting).
- Solid Red: Poor connection.
- Off: No connection (The extender is powered off).
For WPS LED
- Solid Green light indicates that WiFi security is working.
- Blinking Green light indicates about a well-known WPS connection.
- And if it is off, it indicates that the security of WiFi is disabled.
Note: Be certain about the WPS LED on the router and device. If it is amber or red; find the location within the range of extender.
- Plug in the extender into the socket.
- Better if placed into the same room where your router is placed, but it is only required during the setup process.
- Wait for the power LED light to turn green.
When connected via WPS (WiFi Protected Setup), it gives you a secure WiFi network without asking you for any network name or password.
- Now, all you have to do is just grab a laptop or desktop and pull up a web browser onto it. Go to the www.mywifiext.net link.
- Click on the new extender setup button when the setup screen display in front of you.
- Once done, click on the Next button.
- It will ask for the password. Fill in the existing WiFi network password and hit on Next.
- Now, set the SSID and password for your extender and again hit on Next.
- Hit Continue.
- A popup will display, which says that your extender is connected to the new WiFi network.
- Click Next.
- A screen displays, which shows about the status.
Note: In all this process, make sure that your extender is placed within the range of router in order to get good signals.
After logging in successfully, go to Setup > Wireless Settings and reconnect your WiFi devices to the extender.