The Netgear EX7000 (Nighthawk AC1900) WiFi range extender increases your existing network range and delivers extreme dual-band internet up to 600Mbps at 2.4GHz and more than 1,200 Mbps at 5GHz.
Configure your EX7000 and get the whole-home connectivity you need for your iPads, smartphones, computers, laptops, Mac Book & more.
Follow some simple steps given below to configure your Nighthawk AC1900 (EX7000) as a wireless range extender
- Through an Ethernet cable or a wireless connection, attach your computer/ laptop (any) to the Nighthawk AC1900.
- Once you have connected both the devices with each other, the Device to Extender LED light will blink and after a few minutes, it will turn to solid green.
- Now, open up a relevant internet browser such as Internet Explorer, Safari, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome or Opera Mini.
- Enter www.mywifiext.net in its address bar field.
- Hit Enter.
- On the displayed page, click on ‘New Extender Setup’ icon.
- Carefully complete the Extender Setup screen.
- Once done, click on ‘Next’.
Important Note: This account is only for your Nighthawk AC1900’s GUI (Graphical User Interface) log in credentials (username and password) and for the recovery of the password as well.
- Among the two options WiFi Range Extender and Access Point, you have to select the first option.
- After that, choose your WiFi network that you wanna extend and click on the ‘Next’ option.
- Before clicking on ‘Next’, you are supposed to uncheck the 5Ghz option if your main wireless router does not support the 5Ghz band.
- If the web URL mywifiext.net isn’t working, then it is recommended to make use of the default IP address of your Netgear wireless range extender i.e. 192.168.1.250 to access the mywifiext.net login or mywifiext.net setup page.
- In case you are still encountering issues, then opt for another up-to-date and load-free web browser.
- Load-free in the sense that it shouldn’t be loaded with junk files, malware, browsing history, cache, and cookies.
- Also, make sure that your device (computer or laptop) is connected properly to EX7000 via Ethernet cable.
- Now, enter your security key or password and hit the ‘Next’ option.
- On the other hand, you can also change the network name (SSID) and passphrase (password) of your WiFi Range Extender.
- As a matter of fact, you can use the existing network password as well.
- Hit the ‘Next’ in order to save the entire settings.
- Once you have saved the settings, connect your wired and wireless devices to the EX7000 SSID and then click on ‘Continue’.
Congratulations! Your Netgear WiFi range extender is connected successfully to your main WiFi network.
- Click on ‘Next’ to proceed further.
- Now, in the next step, you have to fill out the product registration form to have access to mywifiext.net support, software update, Netgear extender setup, and Netgear extender support.
- Once you have completed the form successfully, click on ‘Finish’.
Note: If your Netgear device is registered already or if you wish to do it later, then you can hit on the option ‘Skip Registration’. But don’t forget to register it. This is the most important step.
Well done dear folks, Your EX7000 (Nighthawk AC1900) is now configured as a WiFi range extender properly. Now, you can also use its Ethernet ports to connect your wired devices such as desktop computers, gaming consoles, Smart TV, etc.
But you have to place within the reach of your existing WiFi router always. Also, remember that your existing device should be placed openly in order to provide live and active internet signals to your EX7000 range extender.