Netgear products are now available all around the globe. People really admire the wifi range extender & wifi router of the Netgear on a great scale. The main reason behind the popularity of the Netgear range extender is because of its easy but advanced features and high tech but simple configuration.
As per the technical experts, it is suggested that after complete and successful router or extender settings it’s good to take the backup of it. Today in this particular blog section, we will discuss deeply the complete step by step guidelines to take backup/restore your Netgear WiFi range extender configuration settings.
It’s always considered as a smart step if to take a backup of your Netgear extender configuration settings. So without wasting much time on talks, let us move a step ahead for how can you can easily take a backup of range extender settings with mywifiext.local.
Somehow if you find any difficulty during the backup procedure, feel free to get interact with technical experts for Netgear extender. Just by dialling toll-free number +1-888-927-4505.
Step by Step Guidelines by which You can Backup Netgear Extender Settings
- Firstly turn ON your computer and open any of your latest version or recently updated web browser.
- Mention the http://www.mywifiext.local into the referred web browser and hit the Enter key.
- You will automatically prompt to a login security window asking for admin username and password.
- In case, you not able to land on the login credentials window, try www.mywifiext.net. Now try the default username and password, if you have not changed the default login credentials
- Visit the Maintenance option and then click on Backup settings.
- Checkmark on the backup key.
- At this particular stage, your web browser will automatically take out the backup range extender configuration file. In case your web browser fails to save the file automatically. Select any local drive on your computer to save your back up file.
Once you have successfully saved the backup file. Now, whenever you face any kind of trouble regarding your Netgear extender device. You can restore your Netgear extender configuration settings.
Note: Meanwhile, using any of your favourite web browsers. You might tackle some common web browser problems. So consider our 6 Browser errors with mywifiext.local and Their Solutions blog section.
A Complete Procedure to Restore Netgear Range Extender Configuration File
- The same as the previous method, connect your range extender with your computer or laptop.
- Open any of your preferred web browsers and visit the mywifiext.net web page and enter the login credentials to enter into the Netgear extender configuration page.
- Now go to maintenance and then click on Backup settings.
- Click on the browse button to find out the saved backup file from the location, where you have saved the file in your computer’s local drive.
- Your file’s default name will be something like NETGEAR_WN xxxxx.cfg (xxxxx can be the model number).
- Click on the restore button and make sure during the whole process, your Netgear WiFi range extender and the computer do not get cut off with the power. Till the time, your range extender does not get restarted automatically, do not try anything else.
So these are the following steps for backup/restore your Netgear extender configuration settings. If you face any kind of trouble regarding the procedure of your Netgear device. Feel free to get in the touch with the highly experienced and leading technical experts, Just by dialling the toll-free number +1-888-927-4505.